New Summer Camp Opportunities
We have added two new camping opportunities this year.
A Taste of Hardtner, May 25 & 26, and Camp Able, July 9 to 13.
Watch for more information!
Congratulations to the 2013 Camp Permanent Staff!
|Head Counselor||Martin Marak|
|Head Driver||Tyler Lusignan|
|Male Counselors||Female Counselors|
|Alec Armentor||Simone Laroussini|
|Layton Porter||Liz Nichols|
|Robert Whitley||Niko Ruzicka|
|George Flynn||Melissa Navarra|
|Drew Coleman||Corey Harrington|
|Aaron Gonzales||Rebecca Carleton|
|Alex Gibson||Hadley Fuller|
|Craig Kleinpeter||Catherine Fruge|
|Ian Lowry||Ellen Carleton|
|AJ Rothermel||Molly Guidroz|
Summer Camp Information
The Camp Hardtner Camping Program continues to create an atmosphere of love and acceptance for campers, counselors and staff.
This is accomplished each summer with an organized program of worship, music and recreational activities that encourages creativity, and acceptance that allows God's love to flow freely.
Each summer, more than 500 young people attend the various camp sessions held at the Hardtner Camp & Conference Center. It takes many people to have a successful summer camping program, they include:
- A creative Training Staff who equip the counselors with the many skills they will need during the summer.
- The many Camp Staff members (adults) that come in each week with the program and share their creativity with the campers.
- The nurses, who bring tender loving care to the Infirmary.
- The CIT's (Counselors-in-training) who give a week or two to learn what it takes to be a counselor.
- The Permanent Staff (Counselors) - seventeen to nineteen outstanding young men and women who set the tone for a great summer. These folks share unconditionally their love, encouragement, creativity, support and their deep faith with the many campers that are entrusted to them during the summer.
Our Rules of Life
- We are a community of daily worship and prayer.
- Out of our worship and communion with God, we strive to respect the uniqueness of each individual.
- We do not put ourselves or one another down.
- Instead, we are willing to level with one another in love, honoring one another with honesty and respect.
- Whatever we do, we do out of love for God, self and one another. We are in life together.
- Therefore, we are willing to give all we are to one another and, with God's help, to offer more.
- In everything we do, we seek to be open to the Holy Spirit.
CAMPER/PARENT SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY
As you know the Summer Camp sessions all end in the morning and require a pick up between 9 and 10 am by the parents. For many of you I know this requires a VERY early departure from home. This year we offered a new service for the parents/guardians: a Parent Specials at the Holy Day Inn at Hardtner Camp and Conference Center on the last night of each session (except for First Camp.) Click here for reservation form.
The Holy Day Inn is a motel type retreat facility with two twin beds per room with a private bath. Linens are provided and we would provide a light reception to meet other parents and a continental breakfast the next morning to the parents. You will be at camp to pick up your child without a long drive but be prepared for all the camp stories and songs on the way home! So a fresh start after a good nights sleep at the Inn will be awesome.
Your arrival at Hardtner Camp and Conference Center would be after 7pm on the last night of your child’s session. In order to keep the camp session child oriented and because not all parents will be available we would ask that you stay at the Inn and not get involved in Camper activities that night but we will have a host or hostess to greet you at the Inn and fill you in on the week’s activities. Spaces for the Parent Special are limited and given on a first come basis. Reservations require full payment of the Parent Special price of $35/person (includes room, reception and continental breakfast). Feel free to contact the Office for more information.