Frequently Asked Questions About Camp Hardtner
Inquiring minds want to know…
What is Camp Hardtner?
- It is a non-profit summer camp and retreat center managed by the Episcopal Diocese of Western Louisiana that has been serving Louisiana for over 70 years.
Where is Camp Hardtner?
- Camp is located in the piney woods of Pollock, LA about 30 miles north of Alexandria.
How old do kids have to be to attend summer camp?
- Our First Camp session is for children entering the 2nd and 3rd grade along with their parents.
- Sr. High is for campers entering the 11th and 12th grade, along with recently graduated seniors.
- … and everyone else in between.
Do you offer any financial assistance for kids to attend summer camp?
- Yes, we do offer a limited number of scholarships each summer to campers in need on a case-by-case basis.
Does I have to be Episcopalian to go to summer camp, be on the permanent staff, or volunteer?
- No, all Christians are welcome.
Do I have to be a CIT first to get hired on Permanent Staff later?
- No, but it doesn’t hurt to get a peek behind the curtain.