Camp Hardtner is an Episcopal Christian summer camp that holds a variety of sessions for campers entering 2nd grade through recently graduated 12th graders, including a session for campers age 9 and up with special needs.
Permanent Staff applications must be submitted through the online system before February 15, 2021.
After receiving your application, you will be contacted by the Director to make arrangements for an interview.
Employment will run from May 23 to July 31.
Salaries, Lifeguard Bonus, & Returning Staff Bonus
- All Positions: $ 2,000 for duration of summer; Plus room and board.
It is possible to make arrangements for positions to be paid internships. After you submit your application, please speak with Daniel about this possibility.
Description of Responsibilities
Broadly speaking, the primary job of all Permanent Staff members is threefold:
- Engaging with youth and adolescents in safe, positive, effective, and age-appropriate ways.
- Working effectively and respectfully with the other members of the staff and volunteers.
- Creating and facilitating experiences of or encounters with God.
- Active Christian faith and ability to support the theological doctrine & practices of the Episcopal Church
- Passion and ability to work well with youth and adolescents
- Comfortable with building Christian community through teaching, leading, and equipping others
- Passion and ability to facilitate harmonious relationships and interactions between staff and campers
- Ability to perform potentially strenuous physical activities (running, swimming, long days in summer weather, etc.)
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Creativity and problem solving skills in all types of high-stress and fast-paced situations
If you have any questions about the job requirements, application process, or experience, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Director – Camp Hardtner
[email protected], 318-765-3794