SUPPORT STAFF JOB DESCRIPTION
- All Support Staff report directly to the Director. Additionally, they will receive oversight from the Head Chef.
- Active Christian faith and ability to support the theological doctrine & practices of the Episcopal Church
- Passion and ability to work well with youth and adolescents
- Comfortable with building Christian community through teaching, leading, and equipping others
- Passion and ability to facilitate harmonious relationships and interactions between staff and campers
- Ability to perform potentially strenuous physical activities (running, swimming, long days in summer weather, etc.)
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Creativity and problem solving skills in all types of high-stress and fast-paced situations
- Work with the Head Chef to prepare, serve, and clean up breakfast, lunch, and dinner (based on your shift for that day)
- Maintain tidiness, cleanliness, and sanitation of the kitchen and related equipment
- Complete other behind the scenes support work as assigned
- Ex: routine cleaning/disinfecting of different areas, setting up/picking up activity equipment, light facility maintenance tasks
- Work well as a team with other staff and volunteers to support the camp program’s success
- Be prepared to implement any additional work responsibilities that may be asked of you.
Desired Specific Qualifications:
- At least 18 years of age and high school graduate at time of application
- Restaurant or kitchen experience a plus
- Requires endurance including prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and stretching
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate kitchen equipment
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Must be able to become certified in First Aid & CPR (Camp will provide class)
- Must pass a drug screen
- Must complete online child abuse awareness & prevention prior to first day of work
It is possible to make arrangements for positions to be paid internships. After you submit your application, please speak with Daniel about this possibility.