The Head of Logistics works closely with the Director to provide administrative and logistical support to keep things running smoothly behind the scenes.
The Head of Logistics reports directly to the Director.
Desired Specific Qualifications
At least 18 years of age and graduated high school (required)
One summer of proven display of leadership on Camp Hardtner’s Permanent Staff
Clean driving record
Maturity required for handling hospital visits, safe driving, self-initiated tasks, etc.
- Ability to communicate and work with campers, staff, volunteers, and parents and provide necessary programmatic and safety instructions to campers and co-workers
- Ability to operate camp vehicle in line with laws and safety and emergency procedures
- Ability to complete online child abuse awareness & prevention prior to first day of work
- Ability to become certified in First Aid & CPR
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury)
- Must have adequate vision and hearing to:
- easily engage with camp community
- respond to environment/activity specific hazards
- effectively review digital or paper documents
- Some physical requirements of working at camp will also include prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, walking long distances, hiking, climbing, and stretching; requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate outdoor equipment and camp activities; requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate camper activities/programs and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs; willing to work in a camp setting and work irregular hours with limited or simple equipment and facilities; and with daily exposure to the elements (e.g., sun, wind, rain)